<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/31679713?origin\x3dhttp://noweaknesses.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Stay Hungry.



Time awaits no one.

posted by Hydher @ Wednesday, July 11, 2007  

With my good friend


It amazes me how conventional thinking could exist when there is a pursuit of something extradionary. I see people training in groups, talk between their sets with smiles on their faces and head to the nearest fast food centre after that. How could there be conventional thinking when knowledge and principles are vast? Unless of course their principles are weak and that extrinsic motivation fueles them.


weird


Perhaps this are the people who never make gains. Perhaps these are the people with ever changing principles who tells you their everchanging plans to take over the world each time you see them.


I get weird looks when i am eating my meals. They dont understand why i cant let loose and hang by them past midnight at mac d. Why i cant eat with them at the canteen or catch the latest movie screenings- it is after all the off-season. This is selfishness of life over body. What doesnt break you makes you stronger. Forget the off-season this is the growth season. The season which makes a difference. It is the time to test feed your body and push ur body to its limits knowing that you have the stores to back it up. That mistakes can rebuilt.


It might sound weird but im hooked on the on-season dieting phrase. Its like a drug i cant get over. When i see the cuts, the fullness of the muscles, the veins ive never seen before i get this sudden excitement within. Words cant describe the sudden influx of the pump within the muscles. Or the burn on the abs when doing sit ups.


Who cares about conventional thinking. I do what i want to. I dont want to live life with margins. I dont want to believe in overtraining.


The competition was like stepping into a new dimension. People was speaking languages like water deplete, pumping up, sodium loading and tapping when applying the bronzer. There i was trying to get myself ready and at the mean time trying to get in what i could. I am passionate about the sport and i knew that not everyone gets to hit it right the first time round. However, there are certain things that i find it hard to accept. Especially when winning becomes a priority it becomes dirty. I have my own goals and priorities. I know a few people who are considered champions but don’t mean shit to me. Aside from winning, they never did anything for anyone. They certainly never did anything for the sport of bodybuilding, let alone anything mentionable outside of the sport. I never made winning my focus and I refuse to start now. I was a bodybuilder before I ever competed. It’s who I am. With or without anyone’s approval it’s who I’ll always be. Win or lose, it’s not gonna make or break me. I live by my own standards. It’s just me against me.


I never cheated. Never skipped a meal. Did my cardio. Trained my ass off and never took shortcuts. Its my first year in training and i am hungry for more. I learned so much and met so many nice people. I might be young and naive but i really want to learn more and to improve physically and characteristics.


Powered by Passion